- Net Power (kW): 44.9 hp (33.5)
- Maximum Digging Depth (mm): 12' 9.5" (3900)
- Ground Contact Pressure Cab/Canopy (kPa): 4.4/4.25 psi (30.3/29.3)
- Operating Weight with Canopy: 11,850 lb.
- Operating Weight with Cab: 12,247 lb.
- Max. Digging Depth: 12 ft. 9.5 in.
- Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 8 ft. 4.8 in.
- Max. Reach at Ground Level: 20 ft. 1.7 in.
- Transport Length: 18 ft. 3.7 in.
- Undercarriage Length: 8 ft. 6 in.
- Max. Digging Height: 19 ft. 10.6 in.
- Max. Dump Height: 13 ft. 3.4 in.
- Minimum Front Swing Radius: 6 ft. 11.1 in.
- Transport Height: 8 ft. 4 in.
- Blade Below Ground/ w/angle blade: 1 ft. 10.4 in. / 1 ft. 9.3 in.
- Overall Base Width: 6 ft. 6.3 in.
- Track Width: 1 ft. 3.7 in.
- Ground Clearance: 1 ft. 1.6 in.
- Parallel Offset Right: 2 ft. 6.3 in.
- Parallel Offset Left: 2 ft. 2.8 in.
- Rear End Swing Radius: 3 ft. 2.2 in.
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4TNV86CT Tier IV
- Type: Diesel
- Displacement: 128 cu.in.
- Net Power @ rpm: 44.9 hp @ 2400
- Fuel Tank: 17.4 gal.
- Fuel Consumption: 1.35 gal./hr
- Pumps: 2 variable, 2 gear
- Total Flow Rate: 36.9 gpm
- Working Pressure: 3,553 psi
- Swing System Pressure: 3,133 psi
- Oil Cooler: Standard
- Hydraulic Tank: 10.0 gal.
Undercarriage and Slewing System
- Travel Speed - dual: 1.4/2.6 mph
- Gradability: 20 deg.
- Track Type/Width: Rubber/15.7 in.
- Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle): 4/1
- Undercarriage Length: 8 ft. 6 in.
- Track Length on Ground: 7 ft. 4.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 13.6 in.
- Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy: 4.4/4.3 psi
- Slew Speed: 10 rpm
- Maximum Drawbar Pull: 12,544 lb.
- Maximum Bucket Breakout: 7,464 lb.
- Maximum Arm Digging Force: 5,058 lb.
- Width - extended/retracted: 6 ft. 5.6 in.
- Height: 15.7 in.
- The Z55 is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
- Large cab offers state-of-the-art controls, digital display and excellent visibility.
- Open canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator's view after dark.
- The controls on the Z55 compact excavator are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Digital Operator Interface shows real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
- Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
- The undercarriage of the Z55 compact excavator was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
- The Z55 compact excavator is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Tier IV Yanmar diesel engine.
- Yanmar Tier IV certified turbo charged, diesel engine with 44.9 hp provides excellent balance in power and fuel conservation.
- Auto Deceleration lowers the engine speed to idle, reducing the noise and emissions levels when the hydraulic movement has not occurred for more than four seconds. This increases fuel economy and lowers operating costs.
- ECO Mode can be activated from the cab with a switch. When activated, the engine speed is reduced by 10%, reducing fuel consumption for lowered operating costs.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
- Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give the operator infinitely variable control of the hydraulic flow.
- The advanced hydraulic system on the Z55 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic shut-off valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
- A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators' needs, making their Z55 the most versatile machine on the job site.
- Compaction Plates
- Compaction Wheel
- Frost Ripper
- Pavement Removal Bucket
- Two large, rear doors open easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
- A cover on top of the unit on the right side allows access to the fuel supply and a handy tool storage tray.
- The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
- The access panel beneath the operator's seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.